Battery System Design
Specialist Power will design your battery installation ensuring that the systems employed take in to account all key aspects of your battery requirement. Considerations will involve: Space Planning, Autonomy time, Battery Type, Environmental conditions, Electrical Design infrastructure & protection, incorporating all the latest Health and Safety regulations.
UPS battery maintenance is vital for the reliable operation of your UPS system, we at specialist power will ensure that your battery system is maintained to the highest standard ensuring seamless operation when you need it most.
Our comprehensive battery maintenance plans include the following;
- Visual inspection of all batteries, terminals & connectors for visible signs of damage and corrosion
- Thermal imaging of the battery installation
- Recording of float and open circuit cell and string voltages
- Recording of ambient battery room temperatures
- Checking of all battery connector torque settings
Battery Impedance Testing
Battery impedance testing is absolutely key in determining the status of the batteries against the original Manufacturers specification. The data once completed can be downloaded to a PC for detailed analysis and report generation.
- Battery testing is carried out using the industry leading Alber cellcorder CRT 400
- Deatailed reporting of cell float voltage, internal cell resistance and inter cell connection resistance
- An easy to understand traffic light warning graph is provided following on-site testing
- Early identification of batteries deterioration
Battery Installation & Replacement
When the time comes to replace your battery system we are able to offer batteries from all major Manufacturers. We are happy to supply only or we can take on all elements of the project from de-commissioning of old to installation of new.
- Batteries available from Yuasa, Exide, Fiamm, Yucell, C&D Technologies & CSB
- Installations completed by experienced, qualified battery engineers
- Ability to re-configure or modify existing DC installations as required
As part of our ISO 14001 environmental management accreditation we are committed to ensuring that all batteries are disposed of in accordance with the Envronment Agency regulations. As a certified waste carrier we will ensure all batteries are disposed of and recycled with a full audit trail and ability to provide certificated disposal.
Load bank testing
Load bank testing helps to recognise potential areas for concern under controlled test conditions. For more information about our load bank testing service click here.